Some of the best holiday marketing strategies are also some of the easiest to implement. In order to acquire more customers, boost sales and increase profits during the holidays, then you need a definitive plan of action. To that end, here are some of the best holiday marketing strategies to ensure you have a successful holiday season.
Holiday Marketing Strategies to Boost Sales
1) Get Personal – Personalize your marketing messages even more.
Rewrite your audience personas to incorporate how your ideal client might react about various things during the holidays.
Items include such things as spending money on themselves or others, saving money on purchases (having more money to spend), spending time with loved ones and travel.
2) Get Your Team Involved – Whether it’s contractors or employees, if you get everyone on board with the holiday spirit you’ll spread the word about your events even faster.
Get your team to post on social media, blog about it and get the word out.
3) Tap into Emotions – People are pretty emotional during the holiday season to start with, but if you can tug on their heartstrings even more, you’ll get the benefit of it.
Sponsor special events and have contests that offer prizes that are close to home, and you’ll get that emotional response you need.
4) Tie Your Campaign to a Charity – Tie every single campaign you do during a specific time period around the holidays to a charity.
For example, every year the Salvation Army Angel Tree is available for sponsorship.
You can sponsor angels on the Angel Tree with a portion of the proceeds from each sale.
It helps if you do this because you sincerely want to do this, and not as just another marketing ploy. 😉
More on holiday marketing strategies…
5) Solidify Your Holiday Branding – Update your logo, the fonts and colors on your site along with your profile pictures.
Make them look more like the season you’re celebrating, and you’re sure to make people feel more festive.
6) Fit Your Brand to the Holiday – Some brands tie into the holiday more than others.
You really can’t force it, but you can call a promotion a Thanksgiving Promotion or a Christmas Promotion just to bring in these holidays.
7) Make Shareable Social Updates – One thing people like doing during the season is sharing.
Make a nice meme with a coupon code on it so that your audience will share it with others, and you’ll make more sales.
Who knows, create a great piece of content and it could go viral!
Oops. almost forgot!
Don’t forget to put Instagram Marketing to work for you as well.
Instagram, with its personal touch and social interaction, makes holiday marketing a snap!
8) Celebrate Your Customers – The holidays are also a great time to celebrate your customers.
Create something digital to give out to them for free that will help them.
People love checklists and cheat sheets!
Getting your holiday marketing strategies right makes a huge difference in whether or not you come out ahead.
The holidays can be a very busy time for everyone, but if you set things up right and early you’ll succeed.
What holiday marketing strategies have worked for you to boost holiday sales? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
If you’ve struggled to boost sales during the holiday, I’d like to hear your story as well. Who knows, maybe we could help you in this area!
Until next time,
God bless YOU!