You want people to read your emails, answer your calls to action, and buy things from you. But, first you need to work on getting more people to click-through the links within your email. You can’t get them to do that if they never read them. Following are several things you can do to increase email Click-Through Rates (CTR) and get more people to read your emails.
How to Increase Email Click-Through Rates
1) Master Your Subject Lines – The first thing that your subscribers see when your email lands in their inbox is the subject line. Ensure that you write email subject lines that make your reader curious but without misleading them. Not only does this make them want to click, it also helps build trust with your subscribers.
2) Email Your List Regularly – If you don’t send out an email a couple times a week, your members will forget about you. Then when you send email, they’ll think it’s spam.
Since you don’t want that to happen, send them something a couple times a week – or at least once a week until you have more to send.
Why did you start your list?
3) Only Send Relevant Information – You started your email list for a reason. In fact, you had a very specific reason for asking for people to sign up for your list.
Keep your reason why in mind so that you can stick to that and only send relevant information to your list members. If you send things outside of the niche, the audience will get confused and start ignoring your emails or unsubscribe from your list.
4) Do What You Say You Will – When you send an email telling your audience you’ll do something, or provide something, see it through. Don’t say anything if you can’t follow through.
When people take you at your word and your word is good, they’ll keep opening and clicking.
Who are you?
5) Keep Your Branding Consistent – Everything you do online should fit with a particular brand. When building your brand you want it to denote the feelings you want your audience to experience when they are reading your content, interacting with you on social media, and using your products or services. That way they have no doubt it’s from you.
6) Ensure Your Emails Are Responsive – Most people check their email on their mobile devices. That means if you really want to improve click-through rates and your email isn’t responsive, the first thing you should do is find a better autoresponder and a better template so that every email you send works well in email. (Note: Your website needs to be similarly responsive.)
Are you optimized?
7) Use Smaller Images – Be careful about using too large of images in email because not everyone can download them. Plus, if you do use images, be sure to use the “alt” text area so that if the image doesn’t display they will see a note about what the image is.
8) Understand How People Read – People read in an F-pattern online, not just from left to right. This is why chunky content with bold headlines, bullets, numbers, and plenty of white space is easier to read and more likely to be read.
Not only are these tips effective ways to increase email click-through rates, they’ll also help you increase conversion rates too!
The real key to getting more people to click-throughs from your emails, like most everything else in life, is Consistency.
Use these tips consistently, and you’ll see an increase in the number of people opening your emails, reading them, and then clicking through your links.
Which of these tips helped you most?
Thanks for commenting and sharing!