Boosting holiday sales can be tricky, especially since shoppers are overwhelmed by the deluge of non-stop advertising. For many businesses, what they earn during the holidays determines the life or death of their business. For other businesses, especially start-ups and ‘Mom & Pop’ operations, competing with mega stores during the holiday season with their huge advertising budgets is darn near impossible. However, no matter the size of your business, boosting holiday sales can be accomplished by using the following tips.
Tips for Boosting Holiday Sales
1) Get an Start Early – Don’t wait until the holidays have already started. Instead, start at least 1-2 months ahead of time.
For instance, start your Christmas email drips and marketing campaigns a week or two after Halloween.
How often have you heard someone say, “It’s not even Thanksgiving yet and they’re putting out Christmas displays already!”
There’s a reason for this. 😉
2) Keyword Research – Be sure to perform current keyword research so that you can create content and sales information using those keywords.
The keywords that worked last year may not be relevant this year, seeing how products change from one season to the next.
Also, it’s important to know your new keywords so that you can bid on them.
3) Create the Right Content – Based on the keyword research you performed, update your content using these keywords to get the most from your marketing efforts.
Be sure to update your promotional posts, product reviews, sales pages, email series and social media posts for your holiday sales.
Back to boosting holiday sales…
4) Rewrite Buyer Personas – Really focus on your audience during the holidays.
- What are they doing?
- What are they NOT doing?
- Are they extra busy trying to be all and do all?
- Are they organized and finish shopping early?
- Do they even celebrate the holidays? Or different holidays?
- How can you help them, whether they celebrate the holidays, other holidays or not at all?
Know your potential buyers!
5) Focus Locally – Depending on the products or services you offer, shift some of your focus to your local area during the holidays.
One benefit to focusing locally, is it makes it much easier to pinpoint your ideal customer.
6) Up-sell/Cross-Sell – Now that you have your customer on your email list, be sure to offer an up-sell and/or a cross-sell in your promotions to them.
Doing so will help you increase sales exponentially.
More on boosting holiday sales…
7) Product Demonstrations – Product demonstrations work great at boosting holiday sales! This is reason why you see so many of them at trade shows and other type venues.
It’s a good way to grab their attention, especially when you relate them to the holiday.
But how do you do this online, you ask?
Create product demonstrations on video and upload them to your YouTube channel and at your website.
8) Affiliate Incentives – If you have affiliates, give them an incentive to promote your products by offering a contest right before the holidays.
Be sure to offer a lucrative first prize — it doesn’t have to be cash, it could be a $5,000 dollar value one-on-one coaching session at your home — so that they work especially hard at promoting your products.
Be sure to include great 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well.
I’m a firm believer in the more you give, the more you get. You reap what you sow!
9) Be You – Remember to remain true to who you are during the holidays.
Don’t try to over-hype your product or sound like someone other than your usual self.
Keep your tone, voice, humor and yourself intact, and you’ll continue to attract your ideal customer.
Boosting holiday sales is important to the continued success of your business, because it is gives you momentum and increased exposure to build upon the rest of the year.
Get an early start and do no wait until the last minute to throw something together. Doing so will ensure that you get a leg up on your competitors.
Keep your fingers on the pulse of your target market. What issues are they facing during this time of year? What are their fears, their hopes and their goals?
Always be sure that your marketing materials match your products and services. Perform the necessary research to stay current, and update your materials accordingly.
Always be yourself, offering the best products and services, and your holiday season sales will shine bright!
How About You?
Have you been successful at boosting holiday sales? If yes, then I’d love to hear your input in the comments!
If you struggled in this area I’d like to hear your story as well. Perhaps we could help!
As always, we appreciate you taking time to comment and share.
Until next time,