If your goal is to make money with your blog, then you can not waste valuable time waiting for “organic traffic” to find you. You must increase website traffic as quickly as possible if you are to succeed.
Fortunately, there’s a powerful content creation exercise you can use to increase website traffic rather quickly. And the good thing is, it doesn’t cost anything and you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out!
Here’s how to get started:
Okay, the first step is to choose five blogs that you read regularly. If your personal blog reading/research is inconsistent (shame on you), then choose five blogs you trust the most – those whose posts you are most likely to turn to for reliable information.
Next, write down five things from each blog that made you choose it as a reputable source for information. Your “gut instinct” is often the correct answer if you’re not entirely sure of your reason for choosing.
Now, look at what you’ve got listed and ask yourself:
- What do they have in common?
- Which attribute from each blog is most important to you?
- How do they differ from one another?
- What made you trust each blog?
Don’t worry with trying to come up with the “right” answers. There is no right answer, there are only your answers; reasons.
Okay, now that you’ve got your answers in order, let’s apply some content creation “rules“ to each post you write. A great traffic generating blog post should include at least one of the following:
- Show your reader how to do something
- Provide your reader with hard facts
- Help your reader reach a decision
- Provide the missing “key” that all similar blog posts don’t
- Make them laugh, cry… Think!
- Make your reader relate to you, that you truly understand them
- Leave your reader feeling as if their day/life was improved by your post
There is no “silver bullet” that will increase website traffic overnight (sorry). However, by putting this content creation exercise to good use you can increase traffic to your site over others in your market.
Also, simply getting more traffic to your site is not the only goal of this strategy. If you consistently create content using the exercise above, traffic will find its way to your site — and stick!
After all, getting readers back to your site again and again is the best traffic-strategy of all!